[Wine] Re: tweaking wine - picasa version

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Wed May 31 15:46:28 CDT 2006

Peter Heckert <ph_newsalias2 at arcor.de> wrote:
> I installed picasa and this installed a customized version of wine too.
> Picasa works very well and so I have the hope that other graphic editors
> could work well with this wine-version too.

I think that would be only by chance, if at all. The cutomized wine
version is exactly that - a version customized to run picasa.

> I dont understand much about wine and the scripts delivered with the
> picasa-version are rather complicated - almost unreadable for me ;-)
>
> Is there an /easy/ way to tweak the picasa version of wine, so that it
> can start another application or maybe arbitrary applications?

I wouldn't waste my time trying to do that. The fact that one
application that displays and organizes pictures works bears no
relevance to the usability of another application. And since, as you
say, this special version is rather hard to use I can see really no
point in doing so.

Daniel