[Wine] Re: Mac x86: Diablo II Copy Protection

Ojas Parekh wine at parekhmail.net
Thu Nov 9 11:41:24 CST 2006

L. Rahyen <research <at> science.su> writes:

> > but whiile starting it
> >
> > err:aspi:ASPI_GetNumControllers Could not open HKLM\L"HARDWARE\
> > \DEVICEMAP\\Scsi"
> > wineserver(8097) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=4286775296) failed
> > (error code=3)
> > wineserver(8097) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
> > wineserver(8097) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
> > wine client error:13: partial write 64
> > err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x627d09ac
> > "x11drv_main.c: X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out in thread 000f,
> > blocked by 000c, retrying (60 sec
>
> 	Maybe this is MacOS specific bug? To be sure, do the following:

I believe this is related to (multithreading?) bugs in Apple's X11
implementation. Patrick, you should try Xorg, which for instance is available
through Fink.  You can still use Apple's X11 app with Xorg if you wish.  I wasn't
able to get Starcraft working with Apple's X11 implementation (even after fixing
the coreaudio bug and another CD-ROM related bug), but it works fine with
Xorg.

-Ojas