[Wine] Re: wine install mac os x (x86)

Ojas Parekh wine at parekhmail.net
Wed Nov 8 16:57:14 CST 2006

Walt Burkhard <burkhard <at> yew.ucsd.edu> writes:

> However, when I run wine <prog> I receive the following warning
> message
>
> 	Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
> 	use True Type fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
> 	or equal to 2.0.5.
> 	http://www.freetype.org
> This message is repeated one more time.
>
> Wine does work (with strange results for some lettering!)

Walt, try including the directory in which the freetype libraries are installed
in your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable:

e.g. 'export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/sw/lib/
freetype219/lib' in a bash shell or in your ~/.bash_profile

You may prefer to use the DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH (see the dyld
man page for more information).

-Ojas