[Wine] IEEE 488 & Wine

Joe Baker joebaker at nelfc.com
Sat Nov 11 11:04:32 CST 2006

Hello Mike,
I saw a posting from 2002 where you were asking about running Windows
programs on top of WINE that would talk to GPIB devices.  Did you ever
get that working?

I'm looking at some HTBasic code which has it's own drivers to talk go
the GPIB card. They seem to be drivers that speak directly to the memory
registers of the card.  I would hope that this sort of communications
wouldn't be difficult to accomplish with WINE if the wine user had
permissions to read/write directly to the ram locations where these
registers reside.

-Joe Baker