[Wine] windows programms starting linux programms

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Nov 21 13:15:16 CST 2006

On Tuesday November 21 2006 11:41, Jan Murawski wrote:
> I have got the following problem: I'd like to use the windows version of
> firefox in linux. When I download a file and tell firefox which
> application to use with it, the application opens fine. But the path of
> the file given to it by firefox is in windows style (C:\...). Is there a
> (easy) way to tell wine to covert the path to linux style? If yes, where
> can I read more about it?

	Yes. Go to Desktop. You can find there at least two entries: "My
Computer" (with all your disks) and "/". "/" is root of your unix
file-system. Also you can go to "Z:\" - this is also root of your unix
file-system. Wine always have Z: disk by default. You may use winecfg to
create more disks if you wish. For example it is good idea to create disk
that points directly to your home directory.