[Wine] wine 0.9.2 + Office 2003,and IE

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Wed Nov 22 19:16:58 CST 2006

--- "L. Rahyen" <research at science.su> wrote:

> On Wednesday November 22 2006 20:05, Sergio Bazilio
> wrote:
> > I try to find soe help or how to, in wine page,
> but i just find some
> > references to buy a product called crossserver.
>
> 	Good idea to try it out (it's free for download and
> try). Go to
> http://www.codeweavers.com and download CrossOver
> Beta (it works pretty well
> and much better than non-Beta). I never tried to
> install Office within Wine
> or CrossOver but if you fail to make it work under
> Wine try CrossOver Beta
> instead. This is great product!

There is WAY!too mauch functionality missing still for
Office if you are going to WORK with it in Wine at
least without a lot of experimenting with dll
overides.

There were also a few weird things I never figured
out...like WHY my mouse buttons were periodically
reversing in wine.

I used to use wine +winetools for my production
machines.

Later versions of wine are broken with winetools.

I have since moved to crossover and  am currently
using crossover beta with Office Firefox Serif
PagePlus,Drawplus,and Photo Plus. I am also using
using CorelDraw9 Suite with the beta. The Beta has
been a drastic improvement over the Crossover
Standard.

FWIW I  have msn messenger working in the beta.Also
ie6.

I also have the Google Picassa2 installation AND a
straight wine installation.

The only time they interfere is if you end up with
conflicting shortcuts in /home/username/binary...this
probably won't be a factor unless you need to use
winetools.

The Standard will run Office quite well however. One
note I added scripting visual basic runtimes etc to my
 default bottle.

Bryann