[Wine] Windows stuck on top

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Nov 26 04:59:40 CST 2006

On Sunday November 26 2006 03:48, David Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I run Photoshop CS 8, the pallettes get stuck at the front of every
> desktop, even when I minimise the main window. Is there any way to fix
> this?

	Go to directory with Photoshop executable and start photoshop within
explorer to solve this problem:

WINEDEBUG="fixme-all" wine explorer /desktop=Photoshop_CS,1280x975 Photoshop.exe

	Adjust size of the desktop to size that you like. Also good idea
to remove border from desktop window. In KDE this is simple: click on the
icon within title bar, go to Advanced -> No border. It is possible to remember
this for all Wine Desktop windows. For help with other window managers
please see their documentation.
	For simplicity you can add shell function in your environment:

photoshop(){ WINEDEBUG="fixme-all" wine explorer /desktop=Photoshop_CS,1280x975 /home/your_login/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Adobe/Photoshop\ CS/Photoshop.exe $@ &> /dev/null& disown };

	For zsh you can add this line to /etc/zsh/zshenv. For other shells see
their documentation. After adding this function you can start Photoshop by
typing "photoshop" (with optional parameters like files that you want to open)
in your shell or by typing "zsh -c photoshop" in all other places (for example
this will work within KDE "Run command" window).