[Wine] Digital Works 95: Problem with animated dashed lines on elements

Gunnar Thielebein gunnar_thielebein at gmx.net
Thu Nov 30 06:12:44 CST 2006

I've installed the latest available wine
[ebuild   R   ] app-emulation/wine-0.9.22

 and have issues with Digital Works 95. this is an old tool we need for
creating digital circuits at home.
If I place an element in workarea it gets unvisible as long as I have
marked it. If I release focus it appears again.
In a real windows installation the elements have an animated dashed line
around.

I tried all different modes winxp - win95.
With and without double buffer - changed setting in wine and afterwards
tried with disabled dbe extension in xorg-server.
this happens on 2 computers my old laptop with trident blade chipset and
my opteron 146 with xt9800.

someone a clue what could help?

Cheers, Gunnar

-=>>equery uses wine
 U I
 + + X       : Adds support for X11
 + + alsa    : Adds support for media-libs/alsa-lib (Advanced Linux
Sound Architecture)
 + + arts    : Adds support for aRts: the KDE sound daemon
 + + cups    : Add support for CUPS (Common Unix Printing System)
 + + dbus    : Enable dbus support for anything that needs it (gpsd,
gnomemeeting, etc)
 - - debug   : Tells configure and the makefiles to build for debugging.
Effects vary across packages, but generally it will at least add -g to
CFLAGS. Remember to set FEATURES=nostrip too
 - + esd     : Adds support for media-sound/esound (Enlightened Sound
Daemon)
 + + gif     : Adds GIF image support
 - - glut    : Build an OpenGL plugin using the GLUT library
 + - hal     : Enable Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) support
 - - jack    : Adds support for the JACK Audio Connection Kit
 + + jpeg    : Adds JPEG image support
 + + lcms    : Adds lcms support (color management engine)
 + - ldap    : Adds LDAP support (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
 - - nas     : Adds support for network audio sound
 + + ncurses : Adds ncurses support (console display library)
 + + opengl  : Adds support for OpenGL (3D graphics)
 - - oss     : Adds support for OSS (Open Sound System)
 - - scanner : Adds support for scanner hardware (e.g. build the sane
frontend in kdegraphics)
 + + xml     : Add support for XML files