[Wine] winetools and ie6

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Mon Oct 9 23:38:15 CDT 2006

For some time I have been using  wine plus winetools on Ubuntu Breezy, allowing me to be able to use Internet Explorer on linux.

When updating to the newer versions of Wine on either Brreezy or Dapper, I find that internet explorer n longer works.

The winetools page shows two files that need to be downloaded wt-config.reg and ie6.reg along with winetools for wine 9.x

No where can I find how to add these to the "registry" , or WHICH file in wine I am supposed to add them to, install them, or where to place them,

What do I do with these?

I have programs running under winetools that need ie for them to work. cureently I have been running an earlier version of wine to do this, but have recently made some additions that need the later versions of wine.

Bryann

signature