[Wine] winetools and ie6

Derek McGowan dmcgowan at deniment.on.ca
Tue Oct 10 06:21:38 CDT 2006

Hi Bryann ...

   Microsoft Internet Explorer no longer functions under WINE since 9.12 (or
so) - there is now a built in version that is a royal pain to get working,
and there has been SOME limited success in getting the full fledged version
running, but I have a better solution for you - go back to Wine 9.10 , re run
Winetools to set up IE6 - you may unfortunately need to start everything from
scratch - after several hours of configuration nightmares, I have had no
success in getting either the built in version (gecko engine) or MS' version
of IE to run.

   If you really want to give it a shot, check out the APP Db at
www.winehq.org - look up Internet Explorer 6 - there are instructions there
on how to get it working - hasn't worked for me, but maybe you'll be
lucky ...

Derek