[Wine] cpu overload

Geoff Streeter geoff at dyalog.com
Tue Oct 10 10:18:45 CDT 2006

At 2006-10-10 16:39 +0200, Dejan Velimirovic wrote:
>"a monitor showed the cpu suddenly fully loaded "
>I think you all missed this part.
>And You said:
>"No software package should ever cause the cpu to overheat"
>I say: No software package should ever cause the cpu usage goes to 100%
>and never drops.

Two separate issues here:

1. Machine should not overheat even if CPU usage remains at 100%. This
would apply if the application initiated a large matrix inversion or similar.

2. The behaviour of this application has changed with a change in wine.
This requires some regression testing to find out which particular change
introduced the new behaviour.

Geoff