[Wine] Cannot start Photoshop

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 13:52:31 CDT 2006

Again, please read through the comments in the appdb.  I don't want to sound rude,
but I can tell that you are not reading them.  The very first How-To on
that page describes how to fix your problem.

I can also see another thing that you should be doing differently.  First and foremost, you should running Photoshop with this command: wine "c:\program files\adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe" and not what you reference below.  Some apps are very picky in how they are run.  In this specific case, "Save for Web" will not work if you do not run Photoshop via the command above (even changing the direction of the slashes will cause a problem.)  This is described in the comments.

If nothing works, you may want to consider using the latest recorded version of Wine that allowed it to run on your distro.  The comments will help guide you.

Hiji