[Wine] re: Saving files in Origin61

Dan Kegel dank06 at kegel.com
Thu Oct 26 11:54:47 CDT 2006

Ed wrote:
>I have installed wine (updated to version 0.9.23) to my ubuntu 6.06
>computer.  I have also installed Microcal Origin61.  Origin runs fine,
>however I can't save files.  Whenever I try to save an Origin .opj file,
>I receive a message "disk full", although the disk is not full.  I am a
>newbie to Linux and Ubuntu and Wine.  Does anyone have a clear solution
>to this file-saving problem?

See the appdb's entry for origin 6.0 at
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=378
Looks like several people have reported this,
and it seems to be a bug in Wine's OLE/COM support.
(Nobody seems to have filed a bug at bugs.winehq.org for this yet, oddly.)

A workaround may be to install native OLE
http://wiki.winehq.org/NativeDcom
though that's not something the wine developers support
enthusiastically anymore (now that we have our own OLE).

Also, maybe you could try Origin 7.5 and see if it suffers from the
same problem.
- Dan