[Wine] no internet in wine environment

Peter Kekenes-Huskey
Mon Sep 4 15:03:36 CDT 2006

Hi
Under Wine 0.9.20 I am unable to access the internet directly via IE6 or indirectly through programs which communicate via tcp.  I am currently running wine on an RHE system using the 2.4.21-37.ELsmp kernel; I used winetools for the base setup (ie6 w SP1, DCOM98, MFC etc), although a reinstall of wine w/o winetools yielded the same problem.  I am able to access the internet normally outside of the wine environment.  Can anyone advise me on how to go about troubleshooting this problem?

If this symptom was addressed in prior mailings, please accept my apologies; I didnt see a search function for the wine user archives.

thanks in advance!

pete