[Wine] Not enough memory to run installer

Luke Bratch l_bratch at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 11:57:51 CDT 2006

I'm trying to install a game using Wine (Company of
Heroes Multiplayer Beta), but when I try to execute
the installer, I get the error:

wine: could not load
L"Z:\\home\\bratch\\CoHBeta_1_19_0.exe": Not enough
memory

Somebody on #winehq suggested I move it to
~/.wine/drive_c/, but this gave the same error.

The installer is 1.6GB, and I have tried to run it
with varying amounts of free memory, including a fresh
boot where I had 1.9GB of memory free.

The installer can be downloaded here if you wish to
test it:

http://www.fileplanet.com/165202/160000/fileinfo/Company-of-Heroes-Multiplayer-Pre-Order-Client

All other things seem to be running fine with Wine - I
have many applications and games installed and running
with no similar problems.

I have tried with a fresh .wine, and have tried with
wine-0.9.20, and the latest CVS.

If anybody could help me it would be appreciated.