[Wine] PowerDVD 4.0: unimplemented function MFC42.DLL.6467 called in 32-bit code

Bojan Antonovic bojan at antonovic.com
Thu Sep 28 16:01:03 CDT 2006

James Hawkins schrieb:
> On 9/28/06, Bojan Antonovic <bojan at antonovic.com> wrote:
>> Uwe Bonnes schrieb:
>> > Bojan> I was able to install PowerDVD 4.0 by overriding mfc42.dll.
>> So I
>> >     Bojan> could close bug 6067.
>> >

>> > Wine doesn't provide mfc.
>> >
>> > So you have a mismatch in you versions of MFC42. Try to fix that.
>> >
>> Wine doesn't provide mfc. So PowerDVD 4.0 is not installable. Therefore
>> I *had* to organize it from somewhere. So installation works now. My
>> /.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 shows only one mfc dll.
>>
>> My question is: What should I fix now?
>>

> Download a different version of mfc42.dll.  windows/system32 is not
> static in Wine, you can change a native dll you copied in there.

I tried all 3 versions from www.dll-files.com
<http://www.dll-files.com>. See what I replied to previous posters.

An other possiblity is that bug 6303, which handles the freely
downloadable trial version of PowerDVD 7.0, is fixed. This can test
multiple persons. Then I will check again if PowerDVD 4.0 is runnable.

Bojan