[Wine] re: PowerDVD 4.0: unimplemented function MFC42.DLL.6467 called in 32-bit code

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Sep 29 08:17:31 CDT 2006

Bojan wrote:
> I was able to install PowerDVD 4.0 by overriding mfc42.dll. So I could
> close bug 6067.

Minor correction:
Overriding mfc42.dll is a no-op, as Wine doesn't come with mfc42.dll.
You fixed the install by copying mfc42.dll from somewhere.

>Trying to run it I get:
>
>Unhandled exception: unimplemented function MFC42.DLL.6467 ...

Googling for  mfc42 ordinal 6467 finds
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197806
It looks like the mfc42.dll you copied is outdated.
The fun thing about this problem is that Microsoft says this error
is expected when installing some apps on old versions of NT,
and that it's ok -- the app itself installs a newer version of mfc42.dll!

So it's vaguely possible that there's a wine bug here, but
it seems more likely that you copied an outdated version of mfc42,
and that PowerDVD 4 doesn't install a copy of mfc42.dll itself.
- Dan