[Wine] Re: WINE, PERVASIVE and ODBC

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 2 15:58:48 CDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Jeff Whiteman <jeff.whiteman at rockfordsilkscreen.com> wrote:
> I have a proprietary piece of software written for a windows machine.  When
> I run the ODBC interface so that I can set a DSN the connection works.
>
> However, when I run the program it cannot find the files and gives me an
> error stating that.
>
> Does anyone have experience with Pervasive DB's? Or maybe with getting
> programs like  this one running under WINE?

Hi Jeff,
wineconf isn't read by many people, so I'm replying on the wine-users
mailing list.

Which version of Pervasive, exactly?

It looks like you asked the same question at
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Linux_Networking/Q_22472428.html
and gave more details there.
In particular, somebody there wrote
>If you try to open an application data file (that's on drive I:)
>using the Pervasive Function Executor (WBEXEC32.EXE in PVSW\BIN),
>does it work or does it give an error? If it gives an error, what is it.
And you replied:
>Win I run WBEXEC32.EXE in PVSW\BIN it opens and appears to run, but I
cannot do >anything.  I have to "break" out of it to stop it.

Gee, it sounds like it ought to be possible to set up a
toy database that exhibits the problem, using the trial versions at
http://www.pervasive.com/downloads/
Can you give us a step-by-step recipe for reproducing the
basic problem using just the trial versions and a toy database?
It might be quite easy (e.g. "Give the following command to create an
empty database....  The tool crashes like this...")

Thanks,
Dan