[Wine] problems with audio (alsa)

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Sat Apr 21 13:12:34 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 13:48 -0400, Maximi89 wrote:
> Hi, i just using just now OSS, but is very bad, i trying to use Alsa,
> but i cant, there a better sound for Wine?
> Thanks!

For a suitable soundcard, both are very good. I personally preferred
OSS, but Alsa has taken over, therefore it has more drivers, and OSS is
slowly dying, and losing support in packages.

Alsa comes muted. Did you unmute it? It needs learning about. It helps
if all of it is installed, and modules are loaded. try running alsamixer
in a console. Man alsamixer, amixer, aplay, arecord.

If you think you have problems with alsa, try cups on a stubborn
printer ... or pppd by reading the man page and using the command line.
Now THERE'S suffering.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>