[Wine] ActiveX Controls Not Working

Quantum Scientific Info at quantum-sci.com
Sun Apr 22 08:22:25 CDT 2007

For a month I've been trying to get ActiveX controls working from the ToolkitCMA.com site with IE6. Some serious weirdness going on.

 So now I check what I look like at http://bellsnwhistles.com/bells.html, and it informs me that:
  "The Browser you are using is Microsoft Internet Explorer (Mozilla) 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)"

 Eh no, I check Help|About IE, and it confirms that I am running IE6.  And I thought Wine was emulating Win2000; although I can't find a way to check this, it does accept and use my Win2000 mfc42.dll. I know BellsNWhistles is accurate because it nailed my late-version Konq browser and even properly IDed my OS, despite my use of Squid cloaking & header anonymizing.

 So why is IE6 lying? (I am not using Squid with it)