[Wine] Program entries not working

Stephen Constantinou stephanos at writeme.com
Thu Apr 26 16:15:19 CDT 2007

Dear Derek

I am very grateful for this suggestion.  I start to get very nervous at
this stage as downloading applications and installing them has seldom
gone smoothly.  Anything Windows I am fine with but still learning
Linux.  Even knowing which file to download confuses me.  Binaries and
packages or source archive?  Therefore reading the documentation is
pointless as I do not know the basics.

For example this web page
      http://www.winehq.com/?announce=latest
presents me with too many options because I lack the experience to know
if I should be downloading
   http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators/wine/wine-0.9.35.tar.bz2
or
   wine-0.9.30-mdk.i586.rpm
from the distro specific link.  Which ever one it is I would not know
what to do next.

Do you mind guiding me through the upgrading step by step?  I realise
that this will take several postings but I am likely to learn from the
experience.

Wait to hear

Stephen