[Wine] Program entries not working

Derek McGowan dmcgowan at deniment.on.ca
Fri Apr 27 11:28:42 CDT 2007

Stephen

   I run Suse 10.1, and have added Wine into my Software Update system -
I had to goto the suse site and search for wine, it gave me instructions
on how to add Wine to get automatically updated when new versions come
out.

  You seem to be in the same boat I am - mainly a Windows guy, and
starting to delve into the *nix world (I have some Solaris
Certifications, and have been running Linux for about a year now - but I
don't have enough time to actually sit at it and figure it out like I
used to be able to do) - so it might be worth your while to learn
installing in all three methods ...

   1) Compiling from source (it's a nightmare for new users, but you
learn a TON about how *nix functions, and you generally get a better
build suited for your system).

   2) Installing from RPM - this is just about as esy as running
setup.exe - in Suse you simply click on the .rpm file, and the software
utility opens up and helps you install the package (it also tells you if
you're missing a prerequisite program).

   3) Setting up the automatic updates for your Distro - check out
mandrakes site, they should have instructions for you there ...

Hope this helps, and welcome to the wonderful world of Linux

Derek McGowan