[Wine] re: MDAC 2.8 SP1 Required

José Jesús Palacios jjpalacios at coit.es
Sat Apr 28 12:19:18 CDT 2007

Ok, Dan.

I followed your instructions. It finished without errors.
So, I try again to install windows program and It tells me that it needs to
install "Windows Scripting Host".

Well,...So I thought that winetricks could help me again, and run:
sh winetricks wsh56
and it finish with "Install of wsh56 done". Again, I try ...., but now, once
again it tells me: Need WSH installed.

Return back,... I sight an error at the beginning of previous installation
of WSH.
Err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (wich is needed by L
"C:\\windows\\system32\\vbscript.dll") not found.

Ok, run: sh wine winetricks vcrun56.

This time, I sight two errors:
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0
L"C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\oleaut32.dll" ->
L"c:\\windows\\system32\\oleaut32.dll"
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0
L"C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\olepro32.dll" ->
L"c:\\windows\\system32\\olepro32.dll"

However, ahead...says
  extracting oleaut32.dll
  extracting olepro32.dll
and finish with "All done, no errors. Install of vcrun6 done"

Well,... run: sh winetricks wsh56 now and all is ok but,....

Yes,... again it tells me: Need WSH installed.

And now,... What can I do?

My wine is 0.9.35 over ubuntu 6.10
Sorry for long response
JJ