[Wine] Building ZDoom with winelib

Benjamin Berkels sonak163 at compuserve.de
Sat Apr 28 10:38:17 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the Windows version of ZDoom 2.1.7 under Linux
with Winelib. Of course, I know that ZDoom can be compiled natively
under Linux, but I'm aiming to port Skulltag (which is based on ZDoom)
to Linux and if ZDoom can't be build with Winelib, Skulltag can't be
either.

With little modifications I was able to compile ZDoom with winegcc,
but during linking the GNU linker ld crashes, with a malloc error.
This only happens if I link the dxguid library, but need to link it,
sice I get undefined references otherwise.

It happens to me under Ubuntu 7.04 and openSUSE 10.2 with the Wine
version supplied by these distros. Under Ubuntu I also tried Wine
0.9.35 and 0.9.36.

AFAIK ld should not crash, no matter what I try to link. So this seems
to be a bug of ld or Wine to me. In case someone wants to reproduce
it, I can supply the source. Any suggestion what to do?

Thanks,

Benjamin