[Wine] Fruity Loops

Travis Forghani travis at bowmanent.com
Wed Aug 1 11:34:24 CDT 2007

With Winetricks, Fruity Loops seems to be working well.  The only thing
that is not working right now is the packs.  I can't figure out why the
packs aren't working.  If I click on the bass pack, it produces sound;
if I click on one of the choir packs, no sound is produced.  Linux reads
the bass pack as pcm encoded.  Linux isn't able to read all the packs
that aren't working.  I know that wav is a wrapper but if the bass pack
is wav and the choir packs are wav then why is it that Linux can play
the bass pack but not the choir packs?  If Movie Player can play wav,
then shouldn't it be able to play all wav files?  I even tried
installing all the gstreamer plugins to see if this would help solve the
problem; it didn't.  I also tried installing RealPlayer and setting up
the packs to be played with Realplayer.  The reason I tried installing
the gstreamer plugins and Realplayer was to see if FL Studio relies on
the codecs that are installed with WMP.  I guess not.  Can someone who
knows more about WINE install FL 7 and test it to find out why the Packs
are not working?  I've already checked the registry in WINE and compared
it to the Registry in Win XP and they are exactly the same.  I also
compared the directory structures and they are the same.

--
sincerely,

Travis Forghani
IT Administrator
Bowman Enterprises, Inc.

Cell: 919-795-9298
Office: 919-894-3662, Ext. 34

travis at bowmanent.com

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.