[Wine] Counterstrike Source, Gold Status?

edb edblack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:13:59 CDT 2007

On Sunday 29 July 2007 17:27, Julius Junghans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> im a fan of this game for quite some time now besides the community its a
> really nice time killer.
> After reading the wine app db entry it should run well, but it doesnt. It
> almost immediately drops below 30fps if something happens.
> Yes it looks almost like the windows version, the ingame font looks
> different. But whats the point if you cant win any fight?
>
> Ive used the latest wine on gentoo and ubuntu(fresh install), my hardware:
> x2 3800+, 2gb ram, nvidia 8600gt
> In windows it breaks down to 70fps which is acceptable (16 players, big
> fight) remember - in wine it took "something" to drop below 30 which is
> nearly nothing...for example if you respawn with the others its already
> lagging.
>
> Just in case somebody tries to play it with wine - not possible.
> And if you run in someone from l***x-g****s - well, you can believe them
> and waste your time or you dont.

I appreciate your frustration that you were unable to run or play the game
as well as you'd have liked, and whilst things aren't perfect yet, you're
welcome to avail yourself of the documentation on that appdb page
( http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3731 ) or to ask other
players (like me!) for help here, or better still there, where maybe the
largest number(?) of prospective players will see it.

It's more than "possible" to play Counter-Strike: Source through Wine, though.
"Not possible" is just counter-true, and a bit misleading for other users. :p

Regards.