[Wine] Problem on installing MS VM on wine

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 08:47:15 CDT 2007

Hi Darragh,

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 08:57:09PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> > $ wine_double_install -s ~/.wine-tmp -d /.ies4linux/ie6 \
> > > msjavx86b3805.exe \
> > > MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
> > Saving current registry and filesystem state... Done.
> > Running WINE...
>
> You continue to refence the wrong path in the command line.
>
> "/.ies4linux/ie6" != "~/.ies4linux/ie6"
>
> You need to be more careful with the paths you're refering to. You
> continuously refer to ~/.ies4linux throughout your email but then
> pass
> in /.ies4linux on the command line.
>
> As was mentioned in another email on the list, either prefix the path
> with ~ or make it absolute otherwise you will continue to have this
> error.

Ah, Tks for your advice.

Re-do

$ wine_double_install -s ~/.wine-tmp -d ~/.ies4linux/ie6 \
> msjavx86b3805.exe \
> MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
Saving current registry and filesystem state... Done.
Running WINE...

Microsoft VM
Would you like to install the Microsoft
[Yes]

Accept Licence

fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not yet
supported.

Microsoft VM
The Microsoft virtual machine your are attempting to install is a
protected system component and can only be updated with a later
release of the operating system or service pack
[OK]

Microsoft VM
The installation is complete.
[OK]

Make sure  that installation went fine!  If everything is OK then
enter "y" to continue. If installation has failed, enter "n".

Do you want to continue? [y/N] y

Computing source filesystem changes... Done.
Applying source filesystem changes to the destination... Done.
Computing source registry changes... Done.
Applying source registry changes to the destination... Done.
Saving current registry and filesystem state... Done.
Running WINE...

Microsoft VM
Would you like to install the Microsoft
[Yes]

Accept Licence

fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not yet
supported.

Microsft VM
This setup will only upgrade over an existing version of
the Microsoft VM
[OK]

Microsoft VM
The installation is complete
[OK]

Make sure  that installation went fine!  If everything is OK then
enter "y" to continue. If installation has failed, enter "n".

Do you want to continue? [y/N] y

Computing source filesystem changes... Done.
Applying source filesystem changes to the destination... Done.
Computing source registry changes... Done.
Applying source registry changes to the destination... Done.
satimis at ubuntu704:~$

Installation completed w/o complaint.

Hi L. Rahyen,

Start IE6

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Settings;

MS VM is still not there.

Only;
java (Sun)
[check] Use java 2v1.4.2_12 for <applet> (requires restart)

Do I need to reboot PC?  I'll reboot it now.  If there is any change
I'll come back.

B.R.
Stephen Liu