[Wine] Has wine problems with multiple X displays?

Martin Burggraf tso at gmx.de
Tue Aug 21 10:39:19 CDT 2007

Hello,

I have a question about wine; I'm using version 0.9.39.
I have multiple X displays (:0.0 :0.1 :2.0) and I've noticed, that when
running an application in wine on one of these, it's not possible to
start another (or the same) application on one of the other displays. I
always get the error message:

> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0xa3
>   Serial number of failed request:  15

When I close the running application, I can start a new one on any display.

Now my question is: Is this a "normal" behaviour, or is this something I
can 'solve' with a special kind of configuration?

Then there is another matter: Some of my displays have window managers,
others not.
Is there a way to set the "HKCU\Software\Wine\X11 Driver\Managed"-option
depending on which display wine is running on? (Or have it check if a
window manager is present)

thanks...
Martin