[Wine] Re: Call for Testers: Dreamweaver on Wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Aug 28 21:51:23 CDT 2007

Kevin Newman wrote:
> I use Dreamweaver 8 on Wine all the time. But I was
> not able to install it through Wine. I had to install
> on Windows, then manually copy some registry keys, and
> the files, following one of the linked guides (this one:
> http://bkcreation.info/Blog_Macromedia8OnWine.html ). It works
> really well under Wine though, and so does Flash 8. Be nice
> if the install would go through in Wine, without the need to
> go through Windows. If that's what needs testing, let me know,
> I'll give it a go.

Installing dreamweaver 8 should work fine now without
following any guides at all or using Windows; just run
the installer on Wine.  Be sure to test with a clean ~/.wine
directory to avoid possible conflicts with old stuff there.
See  http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeDreamweaver for more info.
Thanks for volunteering to test!
- Dan