[Wine] dcom98 - native of builtin?

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Dec 1 22:22:45 CST 2007

On Sunday December 2 2007 03:43, James McKenzie wrote:
> L. Rahyen wrote:
> > On Saturday December 1 2007 20:57, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> >> All, what is the status of dcom98? Is it still expected to run native?
> >
> > 	It is expected that users will use builtin libraries. If it doesn't work
> > you should file a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org .
>
> L. Rahyen:
>
> This is a known issue and have open bugs on the Bugzilla for many
> programs.  I am looking at 10134, filed by Dan Kegel and is in the Wine
> 1.0 list as an example where .NET will not run reglib.exe
> appropriately,  and their is a fix that was incorporated in 0.9.50.
> However, I have not tested this, yet as I am waiting on a build for the
> Mac.

	I know a lot of known issues. But this doesn't matter. Users are *expected*
to use builtin libraries. If this doesn't work they should go to the bugzilla
and report a bug (of course they are expected to search for already reported
bugs first so to not report known problem twice). They can provide some
additional information such as "use of native dcom98 is an possible
workaround" - this is useful to narrow down possible causes of a bug.