[Wine] wine proccess list

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Dec 11 13:38:24 CST 2007

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 20:25:20 schrieb Gonzalo Martinez - Sanjuan
Sanchez:
> El Tuesday 11 December 2007 7:34:49 pm escribió:
> > Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 18:02:53 schrieb Gonzalo Martinez -
> > Sanjuan
> >
> > Sanchez:
> > > Hello to all.
> > >
> > > I have something in mind that I would like to ask to Wine developers.
> > > Is it possible using a hack/trick or a hidden option to change the
> > > name of wine in the proccess lists?
> > > I mean, Is it possible to list 'wine' proccess as, for example
> > > 'iexplorer' when I use Internet Explorer under Wine?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for your work, hope my question find the answer here.
> >
> > This is done since quite some time. apps are usually called
> > "iexplore.exe", or they have the name of the file that was passed to
> > wine, like C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> >
> > If you still see "wine", "wineloader" or something similar you have a
> > very outdated version of wine.
>
> Well, im talking about Wine 0.9.48 under FreeBSD/PC-BSD OS.
Ow, ah, this is a different business. I think we use some Linux-only feature
to set the name, and Alexandre told me that at least MacOS doesn't have it. I
have no idea if there is a way to change the process name under BSD. If there
is, feel free to implement it and send a patch