[Wine] Re : .NET programs

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Tue Dec 11 20:12:52 CST 2007

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Hi,
> >
> Windows .NET programs are usually linked to some native dlls or
> something. In my experience, they don't usually run on Linux Mono.
Kevin:

I have several .NET programs that DO work with MONO.  The problem is
if you have to access a database in the program.  I have a program that uses
the Jet 4.0 (Access) engine to access data.  This program WILL NOT work
on my Mac, but may work on in Linux.  Since I don't have the resources to
confirm this, I will state that some .NET programs will work with MONO, but
you may have problems getting Mono to work with Wine.  I feel that
implementation
of .NET within Wine is a goal that the developers should be moving towards
or at a minimum, .NET should be installable under Wine.  Sorry, but Mono
does not and will not play well with Wine.

James