[Wine] inspecting win32 .dll from linux

Scott Serr serrs at theserrs.net
Mon Dec 17 00:36:51 CST 2007

Hello,

I'd like to look at the file properties of a win32 .dll file from
Linux.  I desire the entries that you normally see under the "Version"
tab in the file's properties like:  "Company", "File Version", "Internal
Name".

I suspect that there is nothing out there that is just a simple Linux
program that does this, so that is why I am here.  (searched quite a bit)

I think I have 2 options:
- find some code in the wine project that does this?!  somewhere in the
build dll code?
- write or find a windows exe that uses the standard windows calls and
call that from wine.  (hoping to find something that would dump it to
stdout)

Any thoughts or helpful hints?  Are there specs somewhere on how to
disassemble this information out of a DLL?

Thanks,
Scott