[Wine] exporting registry to Wine

Sebastien Roret sroret at pleyo.com
Mon Dec 17 12:20:45 CST 2007

Hi,

I didn't find any clue in the documentation, so I'm posting my problem here.
I'm trying to use wine with a special prefix, whose drive_c/ is containing a
whole Windows C: drive.
The problem is that I can't launch the binaries, because the wine reg files
aren't in sync with the Windows registry.
I tried to "reg export" the keys corresponding to system.reg and user.reg,
convert the files to utf8, change the header to match Wine's one, replaced
all the \ by \\ in the keys' path, changed the keys 'path to be relative
like the Wine's reg file...
My binaries are launching a bit better, but it looks like my exports are not
perfect still.

My question : Is it possible to export an existing Windows registry cleanly
to Wine ?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastien.

PS : I guess it is registry related, because I can install these programs
through Wine. But I just wanted to launch through a complete C drive :)

--
www.pleyo.com
Join OWB team on freenode IRC, channel #owb