[Wine] exporting registry to Wine

Duane Clark fpga at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 18 19:00:18 CST 2007

Markus Hitter wrote:
> Am 18.12.2007 um 19:17 schrieb Duane Clark:
>
>> Markus Hitter wrote:
>>> Obviously, it would be a great enhancement to make Wine using and/or
>>> syncronising the registry of a native Windows installation. Please
>>> file a bug/enhancement report (http://bugs.winehq.org/) and include
>>> what you've already tried. "Exporting the registry" is beyond the
>>> average user's knowledge.
>> At one time, Wine if fact did this. Once Wine advanced to a reasonably
>> complete stage, this functionality was removed. I am confident it
>> won't
>> be put back.
>
> Do you remember the time frame when the remove was done? I'd like to
> have a look into how it was done.

I started using Wine in 2000, so I am pretty sure it was there at that
time. As a wild guess, I think it might have remained for a couple of
years. As I recall, it basically would copy over the entries from the
native registry into the local Wine registry, and then use them from there.

Hopefully I am remembering things correctly;)

Hmmm...
http://www.winehq.org/?issue=back;pos=60
Take a look at issue 266. I think that might be it.