[Wine] EAC can't contact FreeDB

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 03:25:33 CST 2007

On 26/12/2007, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 25, 2007 11:02 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Exact Audio Copy 0.99b3 under Wine 0.9.51 on Kubuntu 7.10. It can see
> > the audio CD in the drive, no problems, no fuss.
> > What it can't do is contact FreeDB to get CD track names.

> Sound like an old bug resurfaced. Can you see if 0.9.42 works for you?
> If so, file a bug and label it a regression.

Hah. I actually decided to get Wine from Git and compile it myself.
Guess what, it works! EAC can see the CD and see FreeDB, it rips using
lame.exe and it saves properly.

So either: 1. something got fixed in the past two weeks. 2. there's a
problem with Wine for Ubuntu 7.10.

I'm guessing 2. myself. I'll investigate further and file an Ubuntu
bug if need be ...

- d.