[Wine] Wine on Solarix 10 x86

Amit Kotlovski amitbk at checkpoint.com
Sun Feb 4 10:13:58 CST 2007

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to get wine to run on Solaris 10 on an x86 platform. The
machine is actually a virtual one running inside VMWare.
After installing the Solaris, I installed the latest wine package from
"The Solaris Wine Cellar" (http://www.blastwave.org/wine/). Their latest
package is 0.9.25 .

For the program I am trying to run I need to have DCOM installed.

I managed to get the DCOM installer to run, but only under the root
user. When I run it from a non-root user it fails miserably. Wine also
does not create the ~/.wine folder

Here are the steps I followed:
1. I exported the following variables:
    PATH=${PATH}:/opt/cfw/wine/bin
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/sfw/lib:/opt/cfw/wine/lib/X

2. I tried running 'wineconsole':
$ wineconsole
wine: creating configuration directory '/export/home/admin/.wine'...
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
wine: Unhandled division by zero at address 7f48866c (thread 0009),
starting debugger...
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
wine: Unhandled division by zero at address 7f46866c (thread 000b),
starting debugger...
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
wine: Unhandled division by zero at address 7f46866c (thread 000d),
starting debugger...
X connection to 127.0.0.1:0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

3. I got a similar result running 'winecfg' from that user.

4. I can't really say why, but in the start I could run it from 'root'.
Now this is not possible, when I get similar errors when running from root:
# wineconsole
wine: creating configuration directory '//.wine'...
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
err:seh:segv_handler Got trap 14 (2) accessing Address a9
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x000000a9 at address
7f4887da (thread 0009), starting debugger...
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
err:seh:segv_handler Got trap 14 (2) accessing Address a9
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x000000a9 at address
7f4787da (thread 000b), starting debugger...
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
err:seh:segv_handler Got trap 14 (2) accessing Address a9
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x000000a9 at address
7f4787da (thread 000d), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c000013a flags 0 addr
d2a3ffa9

It may have something to do with a couple of folders I have in /root:
.wine-7GLNQe
.wine-Pphs2I
.wine-vSmU6i
I can't erase them as I get the following error:
# rm -rf .wine-7GLNQe
rm: Unable to remove directory .wine-7GLNQe/: File exists"

Previously, when it did run, the DCOM installer opened a nice window in
which I chose to install the DCOM dlls, and then after a while the
window stopped responsing.

I also tried it after patching the solaris using sun's patch package
from their website but it didn't help.

Anyone has an idea?
Did anyone get wine to work on a similar platform?

--
Regards,
Amit Kotlovski.