[Wine] Wine does nothing Help !!!!!

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri Feb 9 07:55:22 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 17:16 +0530, Swati Longia wrote:
> Hello everyone..
>
> I have installed wine-0.9.30 from source ( just ran tools/wineinstall
> from the source directory ). It installed without any problems. But
> when I try to run any program using wine it does nothing, just hangs
> there. It does not give any error also.
>
> I did a "strace" on the process here is some of the strace output.

It's bad, mind you I know little about that stuff. You didn't say you
compiled wine before installing it :-o. Most packages have a README &
INSTALL files in the source, which are compulsory reading.

The lazy way to install wine on fc6 is here
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#wine and you currently get 0.9.3(splash)