[Wine] Running KoolMoves

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri Feb 9 12:35:28 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 07:04 -0800, matt at mattjordan.com wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I'm able to run KoolMoves 6.0 (KM) under Wine but it's missing some
> > functionality.  KM is a Flash authoring tool and the missing functionality
> > is mostly the ability to use the internal preview functions.  Internal
> > preview requires a browser and a flash plug-in, both of which I have.  I
> > also tried KM under CrossOver Office and it works 100%, so I'm hoping I
> > can tweak something to get it working 100% under Wine.  I think that when
> > KM is running under Wine it doesn't know where the browser and flash
> > plug-in are, whereas CXO has a configuration panel where I can set paths
> > to both the browser and the plug-in.  Does anybody have any suggestions
> > for how to get the preview functionality working in KM via Wine?  Perhaps
> > by modifying a config file or some such?  Do I need to install  a
> > "Wine-centric" browser and plug-in combo or can I somehow make KM
> > recognize my Linux Firefox and plug-in?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Matt Jordan
>
> Just following this up.  Maybe nobody on the list knows much about
> KoolMoves, but how about this:  In general, how would I set a browser path
> or plug-on path for an application running under Wine?  And my apologies
> if this is one of those "stupid" questions.  I'm temporarily without
> regular internet access (I'm moving) and have only a few minutes a day on
> a dial-up connection.

I need to ask do you have a m$ windows version of firefox/IE or are you
expecting it to pick up the linux version?

Just in case symlink iexplore.exe to firefox :-D.

FWIW, opening winefile and finding a html doc, highlighting & pressing
return gets me firefox (under wine/m$ version). Try that.

--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>