[Wine] TMG -- MS Visual Foxpro errors

donbnfborn at aol.com donbnfborn at aol.com
Sat Feb 10 09:43:59 CST 2007

  I'd like very much to be able to run "The Master Genealogist" under Wine. TMG is a MS Visual Foxpro application for genealogy database work. On my Kubuntu 6.10 system I have successfully downloaded and installed Wine 0.9.30, and then installed TMG ver. 6 including updates to 6.12, the current version. During TMG installation, there was a problem with a lack of "keyboard.dll", which I fixed, so now there are no errors until I attempt to run TMG. Upon running the executable, I'm getting Foxpro errors, which are beyond my ability (I'm no CS major). I've tried both Win 2000 and Win 9x modes -- still no joy. I think it's close to running, but there is a little "something" that is not quite right.

 Is there a Foxpro programmer on the list who could take a look at the error messages and give me a little advice? I've offered to become the Application Maintainer for TMG if I can get it running stable. There's a huge installed base of TMG users -- probably some would come over to Linux if there was a proven reliable way to run it.

 Thanks!
    Donald L. Boyd

 http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/o/y/Donald-Boyd-OH/index.html