[Wine] explorer.exe 100% CPU, again

Flying wu_yinghui at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 09:35:37 CST 2007

Dear all,

I posted this problem sometime back on 0.9.26
(http://www.winehq.com/pipermail/wine-users/2006-December/024086.html).

I thought the problem was fixed, but it seemed not.

>From 0.9.26 all the way to the latest 0.9.30, I've been seeing this
problem on my system (Linux flying 2.6.17-11-generic #2 SMP Thu Feb 1
19:52:28 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux; Ubuntu Edgy installed, but running KDE
currently).

I always download wine source code and build it myself now. But the
problem can be easily reproduced by the following command:
	wine explorer.exe /desktop cmd.exe

The explorer.exe process is always running with close to 100% kernel time.

Any fixes or further analysis?

Cheers,

Freddie