[Wine] explorer.exe 100% CPU, again

Flying wu_yinghui at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 04:01:06 CST 2007

Thanks, Rahyen. Here are my answers:

>	First, you said some time ago that this problem has
been solved. It
> was really solved and everything worked for some
time and then broke again
> or you simply didn't pay enough attention for
checking this and you don't
> know?

I thought it was solved, since right after I rebuilt
wine (0.9.27 back then), it seemed that the
explorer.exe problem went away. (I replied to that
thread on that time.)

But after a few days of usage, I found that the
explorer.exe kept surfacing again and again (i.e., I
don't what happened, but the problem went away only
for that time when I tested wine after I built it from
source.)

Ever since then, the problem persists even I've been
upgrading Wine from source for a few times already. (I
always "make uninstall" the previous version before I
"configure && make dep && make && make install" the
new one.)

> I assume that you don't know how to profile Wine so
here is
> the instructions:

Thanks for your instructions. It did save me a lot of
time digging around. Unfortunately, though, the
callgrind.out.pid file I get from your instruction is
always empty. I'm still trying to go through
KCachegrind's documentation. But for the meantime, I
cannot provide you any more information on what
function consumes all those CPU power.

Thanks again for your advice. But is there anything
else that I can do now? (For the meantime, I'll
continue reading KCachegrind's docs to make it work at least...)