[Wine] Using OLE DB Connections from Wine

Edward Costello Edward.Costello at orionhealth.com
Tue Feb 20 13:41:08 CST 2007

Thanks for the replies.

I was pointed to http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Dcom98 which describes manually unpacking the DLLs into C:\windows\system and using the WINEDLLOVERRIDES variable. However I found that it only actually worked when I unpacked them to C:\windows\system32 which solves my immediate problem anyway. I suspect this works because it overwrites the wine DLLs in system32.

I'm planning to update the wiki but I don't know enough about windows to know which is more "correct":
Unpacking to C:\windows\system and removing the ole* dlls from system32
or Unpacking to C:\windows\system32 and overwriting the dlls.

or are the two equivalent.

Thanks again
Ed