[Wine] wine & virtual device drivers

Juan Luis Ramos jlramv at terra.es
Wed Feb 21 09:42:00 CST 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to run a windows applicaction that requires access to a
parallel port security device. I need to install 'Hardlock Device
Driver' from Alladin but the installer returns:
"Installing  the Device drivers failed. The error message is:
Failed to query processes accesing the driver.
Failed to open the registry"

Naturally, the program doesn't run. I've copied the files (.dll, .sys
and .vxd) to C:\windows\system32, but I get the same result.

The URL of the program is
ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/aladdin.de/hardlock/hldrv32.zip

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.