[Wine] Wine/Fedora 6

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Thu Feb 22 12:12:07 CST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 11:44 -0500, Adam Gibson wrote:
> Declan Moriarty wrote:
> > Try 'yum install wine' as root and say yes. It's in the 'extras'.
> >

> One thing that extras does not enable for their build of wine is openssl
> for the wininet stuff.  I sure wish they would enable that so that
> wininet can use https.  It would be nice if the configure script
> detected openssl and enabled it by default for distros that do not know
> to enable it.

/Not wishing to become a Fedora "Expert" here:
You can always go the source code route. That's all fine until they
update the wine rpm and you say yes to a yum update ..... Things may get
ropey after that.

Fedora are inclined to build everything with the ssl option, so what you
say surprises me.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>