[Wine] Re: bug?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Feb 22 16:34:41 CST 2007

Try to keep the right subject line...

maarten Kooiker wrote:
>  >If your apps work fine, why are you running wine with debugging turned
>  >on (WINEDEBUG=...)?
>
> For the simple reason that it is easier to find the letter ''o'' in the
> first message than in the second message:
>
> 1) o
> 2)akashahakjrehekjhfbdnbvca,lkjafojshbvdakrbabslkrbalsrgbaslugvcaskl
>
> How can you debug a program that doesn't work if the output of your
> debug is messed up like in the second message?
> Of course I do not run programs in the debug-mode in any normal
> situation, but if every non-working program gives you the same (or
> highly similar) output, probably you have a problem that is not linked
> to the real problem....

The beginning messages you showed:

trace:relay:init_debug_lists RelayExclude =
L"ntdll.RtlEnterCriticalSection
;ntdll.RtlLeaveCriticalSection;kernel32.94;kernel32.95;kernel32.96;kernel32.97;kernel32.98"
trace:relay:init_debug_lists RelayFromExclude =
L"winex11.drv;user32;gdi32;advapi32;kernel32"

indicate that you have the relay trace turned on. It looks to me like
your command line was maybe: WINEDEBUG=+seh,+relay wine ...

All of those call/return messages are normal when the relay trace is
turned on. If you are getting them without selecting relay traces, then
you have something very odd going on.