[Wine] Encore 4.1

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Feb 27 06:46:45 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 19:04 -0500, MBYC at aol.com wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> I am running Encore 4.1.0.0 on Windows XP. The graphic tool works for
> chords but the text tool crashes whenever I exit its input mode. I
> copy the TTF's to the Windows font folder and it still does not work.
> So, I just moved the TTF's to the Windows font folder without success.
> Do you have a solution?
> Very much appreciative.

This is basic linux stuff, but when you move fonts about, do you know
you need  to let linux know?
The windows fonts should be in .wine/drive_c/windows/fonts, if windows
is to pick them up.
Linux fonts can be anywhere you like, as long as you tell linux where
they are and what you've got :)

Have you listed the font directories in /etc/fonts/local.conf if they're
not in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf?

Have you made fonts.dir & fonts.scale?

cd to the fonts directory
mkfontscale && mkfontdir && man xfs