[Wine] HoMM 3 - SoD not working under FC6, but does in FC5

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jan 1 04:47:20 CST 2007

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 09:20:43 +0000,
  "L. Rahyen" <research at science.su> wrote:
> On Monday January 1 2007 08:21, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> 	Then try the following. Remove or rename your current .wine directory and
> install game from scratch to make sure that everything is clean. First try to
> run it without NoCD hack (even without disk game starts but you cannot start
> single player). If it works apply NoCD hack and again try again. If it fails
> then simply find different NoCD hack.

I am going to bed now, but I can probably try this tomorrow. I did try some of
this previously (but not the install with 0.9.28) and I don't think it
works very well without the No CD hack with either expansion installed.
There is a missing dll, that based on the name, is supposed to make sure the
CD is a CD and not a disk copy of it.

> 	If it fails to run even without NoCD hack with fresh .wine directory then I
> will give you farther instruction about how you can find out why this
> happens. Of course first step would be then opening of new bug in bugzilla.
> Fixing this shouldn't be very hard because game theoretically works very
> well - if it doesn't then this is probably because of minor difference in
> game versions and this "minor difference" in your version cause problems.

Would that be Wine's bugzilla or Fedora's?

Thanks.