[Wine] HID USB joysticks in wine

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Fri Jan 5 09:19:07 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 10:34:29AM -0800, Jorge Alves wrote:

> Hi to all,
> The HID usb joysticks  are supported in wine??
> Could we launch  a game  with wine and use such a device in the game??
> How?

it sure does. make sure you have at least read-permissions for
/dev/input/event.* files. just be sure to have the hardware working in
linux first. also a problem cause for wine on 64bit systems is the fact,
that old kernels had no proper 32 ioctl's for the input events built in
- so the hardware works with linux apps, that are usually comiled 64bit
on such systems but later not with wine.

i for my end can say, that i have both my flight stick and my wheel with
clutch running in all my games i have need for them.

--
cu