[Wine] "Module not found", using wine-0.9.28

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Jan 9 12:13:35 CST 2007

> i'm trying to install TaxCut 2006, from the CDROM:
>
>     $ ls .wine/dosdevices/d\:/
>     autorun.inf*  df0000exe.manifest*  taxcut.exe*          temporaryitems/
>     data/         dpro2006.exe*        taxcutapp/
>     df0000.exe*   taxcut/              taxcutexe.manifest*
>     $
>     $ WINEDEBUG=warn+all wine .wine/dosdevices/d\:/taxcut.exe

Also fairly new, I've found it better to cd to the directory and
type ./<program name>

> any tips, or debug, strace, etc suggestions, would be most welcome.

You could also try winedbg ./<program name>
or
WINEDEBUG=+<fancy option> winedbg ./<program name>

find out about that with google.

You can give several strings to the variable. I would run ldconfig as
root just to make sure all libs are found.

> as i say, i'm new to wine.  is this a case where i need to be using
> "real" microsoft libraries?  if so, is there a wiki or doc page
> that describes which libraries to copy, and their source (on
> windows) and destination (under wine) locations?

http://appdb.winehq.org

also the wiki, the faq etc. They're reasonably concise, with a pleasant
shortage of verbiage and self congratulation.

--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.